My Photo
Name:
Location: New Riegel, Ohio, United States

I've been living in NC now for two years. Mark and I are still extremely happy together, and we're still thinking of moving to the big O, but are still undecided. Mark and I will be celebrating our three year anniversary on the 28th of August. In my heart, I truly believe Mark's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. The love he gives me is the most pure and true I've ever known. I love him with all my heart, mind, body, and soul.

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Loss of a Pet

Shortly after I'd come down here to North Carolina, we'd aquired a little black puppy. We had no idea what the breed was or anything like that. The only thing that we knew was that he was cute...very cute. We named him Psycho, and he lived up to that name very well. When we'd play with him, he'd growl and nip. He would put the other dogs in their place all the time, even though all the other dogs were usually much bigger than him. He was a very sweet puppy, and he was very big on giving hugs and kisses. I'll never forget the times that he was smaller, and he'd wiggle underneath the kitchen counter just so he could mess with the cats (when the cats were still here). Or whenever we'd put the food down for the dogs, Psycho would be right there to sample each one of the three dishes as they were set down. I loved the way he'd get all excited whenever his name was called; his eyes would get really big and his tail would start wagging at about a hundred miles a second.
We have so many memories of him. He loved to eat...a lot. He had a nice little belly on him, which we used to pick on him about. That would always get him in a playful mood, and he'd get all wound up for hours on end. He used to mess with the cats and eat their food every chance he got. We always thought he did that just to spite them.
He had overcome parvo about two months ago. Right then we knew he was a fighter. He was only in our lives for about four months, but he definitely made a big impact on us. He was so full of life, and he fought to the very end. About a week ago, he became really sick. We tried everything we could do to help him, and he held right in there. This morning (at around four o'clock) his sickness got the best of him, and he passed on. We're taking comfort in the fact that he's gone on to a better place where he's no longer suffering, and not in any pain anymore. He was a wonderful puppy, and a fighter all the way to the very end. I'd like to take a moment to dedicate this particular blog to Psycho (May 2006 to September 2006). He touched our lives in so many ways, and we love him very much. He will be missed by all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home