My Photo
Name:
Location: New Riegel, Ohio, United States

I've been living in NC now for two years. Mark and I are still extremely happy together, and we're still thinking of moving to the big O, but are still undecided. Mark and I will be celebrating our three year anniversary on the 28th of August. In my heart, I truly believe Mark's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. The love he gives me is the most pure and true I've ever known. I love him with all my heart, mind, body, and soul.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The End is Almost Here!

As I sit here in front of the computer this evening, it just hit me that the end is almost here! The end of the year that is. It seems that this year just started yesterday, and it's already September! In another three months Christmas will be here...with New Year's to follow! Already! Where did this year go?
It seems like just yesterday I was up north working in my dead-end custodial job, dreaming of bigger and better things. Going home to a marriage that was steadily going downhill, feeling worthless because I was working to pay all her bills because she wouldn't get a job. Feeling down because it seemed like my wife was only concerned about my money and that was it. My brother in law (who'd moved to NC earlier in the year) had come up to OH, and therein I'd found my escape to happiness. I took a week's vacation from work, and (two weeks later) was NC bound! I'd decided to stay here because I felt happier here than I ever had up north. I can't believe that was back in the tail-end of April. It was the week of my birthday as a matter of fact. It doesn't seem like it was quite that long ago, but I've been a resident of NC for the past 5 months. Where did all that time go? It seems to have flown by since I've been here.
This will be my first Christmas where there will possibly be no snow. This will be an interesting experience for sure! I will certainly have to keep you posted whenever that time comes. Boy oh boy. What would Christmas be without any snow? That's a thought. When you've been raised in the Northern states, snow and Christmas seem to go hand in hand as much as peanut butter and jelly! Somehow I'll make it through....oh who am I kidding? No snow! I've been praying for that kind of winter ever since the very first time I drove in that white fluffy stuff! This will be great!
Ok now, time to pull myself together and be serious now. Hold off on the excitement. If I get all worked up about it now, then we'll probably get a few inches of snow here. That's just my luck. In the meantime, I'll keep praying for no snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home