My Photo
Name:
Location: New Riegel, Ohio, United States

I've been living in NC now for two years. Mark and I are still extremely happy together, and we're still thinking of moving to the big O, but are still undecided. Mark and I will be celebrating our three year anniversary on the 28th of August. In my heart, I truly believe Mark's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. The love he gives me is the most pure and true I've ever known. I love him with all my heart, mind, body, and soul.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Thinking about Getting Published

At work earlier today, Mark and I were discussing my poetry and short stories. He's been a really big supporter of my writings ever since I told him about them, and he would really love for me to get published. That is something that I've been interested in (getting published, that is) ever since the first time somebody told me that I should.
I really wasn't too sure of my own writing...until I began letting other people read them. I started getting all this positive feedback from everyone that read it. I got the same kind of feedback from my unfinished short stories as well. Everybody would tell me "you should finish that, and get it published. it could be the next number one seller". That makes me feel really good to hear that stuff. It makes me feel like I'm doing something that people enjoy, you know? It reassures me that my writing is more educated and adult than I think it is.
My ex-boss lady from Ohio liked my poetry so much that she had me write three poems just for her. Now that says something, doesn't it? A bunch of my former co-workers up north love my poetry. But of everybody, Mark loves it the most.
That man has encouraged me more than anybody I know. He's always been a huge supporter, and always tells me that he would get me published if he had the money to back me up. I know he'd give me all the financial support I neeed if he had it to give. But, alas, he doesn't, and neither do I, so therefore I sit here trying to figure it out. Mark's going to look online for me, and see if there's any publishing companies online who'd be willing to look at some of my stuff. He told me he would do that for me because he believes that I could be very successful. All this feedback that I've gotten from Mark and everybody else has got me believing that my poems are very good, and I believe that I'd be a very successful writer myself. Once I find the means to do it, then hopefully everything will go smoothly from there. If anybody wants my autograph, just let me know now. It beats waiting in those long lines at that book signing party (or whatever it's called) later on down the road!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home