My Photo
Name:
Location: New Riegel, Ohio, United States

I've been living in NC now for two years. Mark and I are still extremely happy together, and we're still thinking of moving to the big O, but are still undecided. Mark and I will be celebrating our three year anniversary on the 28th of August. In my heart, I truly believe Mark's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. The love he gives me is the most pure and true I've ever known. I love him with all my heart, mind, body, and soul.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Contacts

After spending a good portion of my life in glasses, I'd decided I wanted a little bit of a change. I had an eye exam done, and asked the doctor to fit me for contact lenses. The eye doctor told me it wouldn't be a problem, even though the test results showed that I had a stigmatism. I was fitted for regular contacts (thank God!) and the eye doctor gave me a week to try them out. He told me that he hoped the regular contacts worked out for me because the contact lenses to correct stigmatisms cost about 30% more than regular ones.
Thank God the regular contact lenses worked for me. I recently got my contact lens prescription filled, and it only cost about $50 for a three month prescription. It feels good to be rid of glasses and still be able to see. It was rocky ground at first as you have to get used to touching your eye to put them in as well as taking them out, but it's a breeze once you get used to it. Mark also got contact lenses, but they kept falling out of his eyes for some reason, so he just stayed with glasses.
Contacts have made me feel better about myself....not that I already did feel good about myself. It's just nice not to have a pair of glasses sitting on your face. That's one of the best feelings in the world, in my opinion. I really can't describe the feeling. I keep hearing people (mostly Mark) tell me that I look good with contacts, although my man thought that I looked good before I got contact lenses as well.
It's really odd, though, that I keep seeming to make stepping stones for my family, or maybe I'm just the one that continues to break the mold. Either way, I've been the first (on Dad's side anyway) to move more than 400 miles from the homefront, the first one to be in a same-sex relationship, and now the first person (at least that I know of) in the family to wear contact lenses. Wow! What's next? I don't know, but I'll be sure to keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home